Friday, June 20, 2008

New York, New York







My mom and I took a trip to New York this past weekend. The trip came in to being when mom and I were both saying we really wanted to go somewhere and take a little vacation. I had never been to New York so that's how it got started. This was my first time to be away from the babies overnight. Leaving was the hardest part, but once we got to New York I had a lot of fun. And for the first time in 5 months I got a full night's sleep! (Although I did wake up one night thinking I heard a baby crying!) We saw two Broadway shows-- Wicked and The Lion King. They were both great, but Wicked was my favorite. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Canal Street, 5th Avenue, and Times Square. The Tony Awards were at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday so we tried to go to the red carpet and spot famous people. But it was too crowded, and we couldn't really see anything. It was supposed to be a 4 day trip but turned in to a 5 day trip when our flight home was cancelled. I lost it when we were told our flight home had been cancelled due to weather because I was so ready to get home and see my babies. But we left very early the next morning and were home by 10 a.m. And yes, Brent did keep the babies while I was gone. He did a great job and only called me once needing something (he couldn't find the extra wipes.) He's a great daddy!

3 comments:

erin elizabeth said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! Looks like you had a great time...I can't wait to see the rest of the pics and Maddox and Addison!

HB said...

Jealous. Am very jealous. I am glad you had a good time, but I know you must have missed the babies soooooo much. That stinks that your flight was delayed! I am proud of you for taking a break and making time for yourself. I am a firm believer

HB said...

okay sorry I left off the rest of my sentence. What I was saying was that I am a firm believer in the fact that our children need us to have our own lives and interests and not make everything totally about them.